Passion Fruit Iced Tea



The days have started to get a bit warm in Bangalore. I have already started to draw the curtain of my living room during the day time and water my plants twice a day. Before I could savor all the warm and hearty soups that I love to sip on the cold winter evenings, It's already time to move on to my iced teas and sherbets. On a recent visit to my grocery store, I found passion fruits in the fruits section and bought a few packets. I had a few recipes in mind but an Iced tea topped the list. So the passion fruits went in to this very refreshing and light iced tea. Here is the recipe.



All you need is

Tea - 2 tsp ( I used Tajmahal brand )
Water - 4 cups
Sugar - 1\2 cup
Passion fruits - 12-15
Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Mint leaves - 3-4 springs
Ice cubes



Method of preparation

Bring water to a boil.
When it comes to a boil, add the tea leaves.
Switch off the heat and let the tea steep for 2-3 minutes.
Strain the tea and add sugar.
Keep the tea aside.
Cut the passion fruits and remove the pulp.
Press the pulp through a soup strainer to get the juice.
You will get approximately 1 cup of juice.
When the tea is cooled, add the passion fruit juice and lemon juice in it.
Fill the serving glasses with ice cubes.
Add a few mint leaves and lemon slices in each glass.
Pour the tea in the glasses.
Serve immediately.





Comments