Pineapple Fried Rice


As I have told you all before, Indo Chinese food is an all time favorite in my house and I keep on experimenting with new flavors each time I make it. This time I added a few pineapple chunks in the regular fried rice that I usually make to go along with the gravy and it was very well received. We enjoyed the sweet and sour vegetables that I posted yesterday with this super awesome pineapple fried rice. Pineapple gives a lovely texture and flavor to the rice and goes very well with the savory flavors. This rice is a perfect accompaniment to any Chinese style Gravy. Here is how to make it.


All you need is

Cooked rice - 2 cups
Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
Sesame oil - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 2 tsp ( finely chopped )
Ginger - 1 tsp ( finely chopped )
Onion - 1\2 cup ( finely chopped )
Pineapple - 1 cup ( cut into small chunks )
Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
Soy sauce - 1\2 tsp
Salt to taste
White pepper powder - 1\2 tsp
Green onion for garnishing



Method of preparation

Heat oil in a wok.
When the oil is hot, add garlic and ginger.
Fry for a few seconds.
Add onion and pineapple and cook for a minute.
Add the lemon juice, soy sauce, salt and pepper powder.
Add the cooked rice and mix everything nicely.
Cook for a minute on high heat.
Garnish with spring onion greens.
Serve hot with any Chinese style gravy.


Comments