Baingan Bhaja / Begun Bhaja / Eggplant fry

My dear friend once told me about an easy dish, which can be made within minutes and which is very tasty and delicious. It is a daily struggle in my house about what to cook for lunch and dinner. I ask my Husband and he is like what ever you make I will eat. Some days i even call my mom and my MIL to suggest some dishes. . :)



It is very difficult for me to decide, so one day when my friend called me she told me about this simple yet tasty dish. But as brinjal is a big NO to my Husband (he is a bit choosy about veggies) it was not there in my house. The next time I remembered to buy eggplant when I bought veggies, so that I could try this amazing dish and you can see the result.




This is a classic Bengali delicacy, served as part of traditional wedding feast. This can even be ate as a snack. In this dish, the brinjal pieces are mixed with all the spices and shallow fried. This is done within seconds and will be enjoyed by all.

Ingredients:

  1. Eggplant- 1no
  2. Red Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
  3. Garlic(chopped)- 3 nos
  4. Salt- as per taste
  5. Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
  6. Oil- 2 tbsp
Method:
  1. Wash and cut the brinjal into thick round slices.
  2. Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl by adding little water and make a smooth paste.
  3. Rub the brinjal slices with the above paste and shallow fry each side till they turn golden brown.



Comments