Strawberry Ice Cream

Strawberries are delicious, low in calories and very high in vitamin C. These are also a good source of folate and potassium. These are low in calories and high in fibre. Most of us love strawberries and in my house this is a regular fruit which we buy often. My kid loves this.




A handful of strawberries were lying down in my refrigerator hidden from my little one.:). I had made everything out of it like the milk shake, smoothie and so on. So at last I thought of trying out my hand in making ice cream as this is one of my favorite flavors.


As I have already made custard apple ice cream before, I was confident of making this too. So I started  with mixing cream , milk and so on. I blended the strawberries and I added  them directly without sieving and the result was a creamy and delicious ice cream with excellent flavours of strawberry and perfect colour and texture. I didn’t add any type of food colour and the original strawberry colour was retained and so the ice cream had a light pink colour. As I didn’t sieve, I could bite the seeds. I loved this but many may not enjoy biting the seeds in between that is why I wrote the last note.


Ingredients:

  1. Strawberry- 2cups
  2. Whole Milk- 2cups
  3. Amul Cream- 1 ½ cups
  4. Sugar- 1cup
  5. Strawberry essence- 1tsp
  6. Salt- a pinch
Method:
  1. Blend the strawberries to a fine paste in a food processor and sieve through a fine cloth, so that the pulp and seeds are segregated. Take a juice in a bowl.
  2. In a bowl combine the milk, cream and sugar. Blend it to a fine paste. In this add the blended strawberries, strawberry essence and salt. Mix well.
  3. Keep this mixture in a freezer proof bowl and freeze for about 4- 6hours.
  4. Remove this from freezer and whip this mixture in a mixer jar for few minutes. Again keep this in freezer for 1 hour and repeat the process for another two to three times in one hour interval each.
  5. Serve this along with fresh strawberry pieces.


Note:
  • After blending the strawberries it is important to sieve through a fine cloth to avoid biting seeds in the ice cream.

Comments