Watermelon Mint coolers- A cool and refreshing drink

The temperature is soaring in Bangalore and in this hot and dry weather, I thought a juice recipe would be an ideal post. This is a perfect thirst quencher which flushes out the toxins from our body.


I have been thinking of buying a watermelon since quite a few days since I like eating it at leisure and I also like the juice. After a long wait, I finally  bought a watermelon and ate almost half of it within 2 days :-) Then I thought of making juice with whatever was remaining.




While making the juice, I added mint leaves to the watermelon pieces to get a mint flavor in the juice. Juices in one way keeps your body hydrated and they provide fluids as well as all the nutrients of the fruits.
Here I have added mint. We can also add ginger, lime and so on. I have removed the seeds from watermelon, so there is no need of straining. If you are making this in a hurry, just blend the watermelon pieces and strain. 




Ingredients:

  1. Watermelon (Chopped)- 2cups
  2. Mint leaves- handful
  3. Sugar- 2tbsp (optional)
Method:
  1. Blend the watermelon pieces, mint leaves and sugar together. If the watermelon is too sweet, then no need of adding sugar.
  2. Serve with ice cubes.

Comments