Rabdi / Thick sweet Milk Cream


Wishing you all Eid Mubarak and a very Happy Ganesh Chaturthi ...
This creamy, smooth, thick and chilled dessert is something I always loved. This is a very tasty dessert which can be made using very less ingredients. Just a little time consuming, but the result is definitely worth the effort. We can adjust the sweetness according to the taste.



Once I tried this in a restaurant called   “Mast Kalander”, after a hearty meal, we ordered “Malpua with Rabdi” for dessert. That was the first time I tasted this delicious dish and simply fell in love with this amazing combination.



In my earlier posts I posted the recipe of Malpua and this time I am posting this amazing sweet  to celebrate Eid. This is an amazing combination even with jilebi and gulab jamun. I tried both while the Rabdi was left in my refrigerator. Will post the jilebi recipe very soon.

Rabdi tastes even more wonderful when stored and served in earthern pots.



Ingredients:
  1. Milk (Full cream milk)- 1ltr

  2. Pistachios- a handful

  3. Cardomom powder- 1tsp

  4. Sugar (optional)- 2tbsp


Method:
  1. In a wide mouthed heavy bottomed non stick pan boil the full cream milk on slow flame.

  2. Keep stirring often, a thin layer of malai / cream will form on top surface, keep folding it in and boil till the milk becomes thick and is reduced to one- fourth of its original quantity.

  3. Add sugar and cook till the sugar is completely dissolved. It is optional to use sugar. I liked this without sugar.

  4. Mix in the cardamom powder and slivered pistachios. remove from heat and let it cool.

  5. When it attains room temperature transfer into a small earthen pot (Matki) and refrigerate and serve chilled.


Comments